Wednesday

Wonder #1



I chose to use this as my first wonder because of what this photo means to me.  It was taken on Koh Samui in Thailand in 2002, my third trip there in 12 months.  I know we were tooling around on the scooters that day, but I have no idea where exactly on the island this was.

Thailand will always be my favorite place in the world because that's where I really fell in love with my husband, and with travel.  My husband - for his peaceful nature, and for the wild streak that keeps me guessing.  Travel - for the beauty that exists in the world, and to see the way people react to it.

Some of my best shots were taken in Thailand, not that this is one of them.  It's off-center, it's grainy, and I absolutely adore it.  Despite the imperfections, it always makes me feel so hopeful and positive and peaceful.  

There are so many beautiful places in the world, but when I think of the place I want to go back to - this is it.  We didn't run down this dock and jump into the Gulf of Thailand then.  But when we go back to Koh Samui, what fun we'll have trying to find this rickety pier somewhere between Chaweng Beach and Big Buddha.

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment